My Microwave Is Making Popping Noises Or Arcing. What Should I Do?
Popping or cracking noises can be caused by the following:
• The food item you're cooking in the microwave. Dense foods or foods high in fat content can cause more noise. Covering foods and piercing the skin of potatoes and other vegetables will help reduce this.
• Food spills can also cause popping noises. Clean up spills in the microwave as soon as they occur.
• Operating the microwave empty can also cause popping and can damage the interior. Always have something in the microwave when you run it.
• Using metal or metal-trimmed cooking utensils causes arcing in a microwave along with popping or crackling sounds.
• If you are using the metal cooking rack, having the rack installed improperly can cause popping or crackling. Make sure the rack is firmly in place and not upside down.
• If the popping noise is electrical or mechanical in sound, or the microwave appears to have burn marks inside, the oven requires service. Immediately discontinue usage.
• If the oven arcs, sparks, or crackles while in use, and there is no food residue present and you are using only microwave-safe cookware, the oven requires service. Immediately discontinue usage.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .