Samsung Washer - Laundry Load Size
While the washing machine tub capacity is measured in cubic feet, it's better to think of laundry loads in terms of weight, not size. Reason being, it's more objective than the number of jeans you can stuff into a washing machine. The weight of the load depends on the size and type of materials the load consists of.
The provided information refers to appliances sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries.
- A washer with a 4.0 cubic foot capacity will let you load approximately 16 lbs. of laundry. A good rule of thumb is to leave room for the laundry to move around so aim for 3-4 lbs. per cubic feet.
- Comforters and blankets should fit snug, never cramped and limited to 6.6 lbs. or less. Machine washable wool items should be limited to 4.4 lbs. or less.
The load size depends on the capacity of the washer.
- Large: 3/4 full or 6.6 lbs. to 16.8 lbs.
- Medium: 1/2 full or 3.3 lbs. to 8.4 lbs.
- Small: 1/3 full or 3 lbs. to 5.6 lbs.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .