Tips for using the over the range microwave with PowerGrill, 2.1 cu.ft (ME21K7010DS)
Microwave energy actually penetrates food and is attracted to and absorbed by the water, fat, and sugar molecules in the food. The microwaves cause the molecules in the food to move rapidly. The rapid movement of these molecules creates friction and the resulting heat cooks the food.
● Dense foods, such as potatoes, take longer to heat than lighter foods. Food with a delicate texture should be heated at a low power level to prevent it from becoming tough.
● Altitude and the type of cookware you are using can affect cooking time. When trying a new recipe, use the minimum cooking time and check the food occasionally to prevent overcooking.
● Food with a non-porous skin such as potatoes or hot dogs should be pierced to prevent bursting.
● Frying with oil or fat is not recommended. Fat and oil can suddenly boil over and cause severe burns.
● Some ingredients heat faster than others. For example, the jelly inside a jelly doughnut will be hotter than the dough. Keep this in mind to avoid burns.
● Home canning in the microwave oven is not recommended because all harmful bacteria may not be destroyed by the microwave heating process.
● Although microwaves do not heat the cookware, the heat from the food is often transferred to the cookware. Always use pot holders when removing food from the microwave and instruct children to do the same.
● Making candy in the microwave is not recommended as candy can heat to very high temperatures. Keep this in mind to avoid injury.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .