What are HE and Non-HE laundry detergents?
Front loading washers have become very popular for home use in the past few years. They have been used for decades in the commercial environment because of their superior performance, reliability, and efficiency.
Compared to top loader washers, front loader washers have crucial installation and usage procedures that MUST be followed to ensure optimum performance.
Listed below are the most common issues with front loader washers and the causes of these issues.
Using Non-HE Or Too Much HE Laundry Detergent
• Laundry detergent usage is critical for proper operation of your Samsung washer.
• Non-HE or too much HE detergent causes the following issues:
- Water Leaks / Error codes / Extended Wash Time.
The use of both non-HE laundry detergent and too much HE detergent cause excessive suds hence leakage in water and extended wash time
• HE detergents are concentrated detergents with 2x-3x and hence should use less than non-HE detergent. You must follow the detergent manufactures recommended amounts.
• If the washer senses too much suds due to excessive detergent, it displays the word "SUDS" or "SU" on the display panel.
• When this happens, the drum stop spinning to allow the suds to dissipate. Hence extends the wash time.
If you are experiencing any of these conditions, run a hot water cycle without clothes and detergent. Must repeat this step if suds are still visible.
• In the illustration below, note that there are 2 lines. The bottom line is for a normal load, and the top line is for a heavy load.
• For a normal load, fill to the bottom line.
• Proper amount of detergent for Normal Load.
• Over filled detergent in the compartment.
• A consequence for using too much detergent is excessive suds.
• Excessive suds cause a water leak at the bottom of the door.
• or a water leak at detergent compartment.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .