Why Does The Washer Stop At 42 Minutes And Do Nothing?
Sanitize / Pure Cycle
If the timer on your washer stops at 42 minutes, and appears to do nothing, this is normal if you are using the Sanitize Cycle or Pure Cycle. The washer will pause for up to 30 minutes while it heats the water to 120-150°F for Sanitize, or 120-140°F for Pure Cycle.
• The Sanitize wash cycle duration is approximately 1 hour and 57 minutes.
• The default temperature is 149°F.
• If the correct temperature range (120 - 150°F) is not reached, the timer will stop at around 39 ~ 40 minutes in an attempt to heat the water.
• If the minimum temperature (120°F) is not reached, the display time will not count down.
• Once the time stops, the unit will run for 30 minutes and will automatically drain and start the rinse cycle.
• If the heater is not operating properly, an HE error message will appear on the display, and service is required.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .