Android 8 (Oreo) - Set a Custom Ringtone for an Individual Contact
Your device can turn songs or music files you have downloaded, such as MP3s, into custom ringtones. This makes it easier to identify a caller without needing to look at your device's screen.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Messages.
3. Touch CONTACTS.
4. Select the contact of your choice.
5. Touch Details.
6. Touch EDIT.
7. Swipe to and touch View More.
8. Swipe to and touch Ringtone.
9. Touch ADD (located on the top right corner).
10. Select Sound picker. If you are an expert user, touch ALWAYS. Otherwise, touch JUST ONCE to move to next step.
11. Select TRACKS or FOLDERS.
12. Touch the music file you want to use as a custom ringtone.
13. Touch DONE to set the ringtone.
14. Touch SAVE to set the ringtone to the selected contact.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Service & Support: Available 24/7
Online Shopping: Mon-Sun: 8 AM – Midnight (EST)
For service & support enquiries
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Effective May 4th, 2020 our Call Centre hours are:
Mon-Sun: 9 AM – 9 PM (EST)
Mon - Sun : 9 AM -6 PM (EST)
Send us an email
For all Online Shopping Inquires
Mon-Fri: 9 AM -6 PM (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.