Android Smart Phone: Internet Browser: Clearing Data
Q: How do I clear the data on the browser of my device?
A: In order to access and clear one of the different areas of data stored in the browser,
please see the steps below:
Note: sometimes the menu key is also referred to as the Option key
Important: The default Android browser supports caching and saving certain data points to better streamline the web browsing experience. It may be necessary to clear this history if problems are encountered while viewing web pages.
• About Cache: The browser stores web documents to reduce serving load, bandwidth, etcetera. The cache allows for pages to load faster. In certain circumstances, the website may be updated however the cache loads.
• About History: The browser can store a log of history of websites visited, for quick and easy access to those used websites. This log will generally populate the URL address field when input parameters start to spell a site that has been visited.
• About Cookies: The browser can store cookies which can be used as a method of authentication and session tracking. It also can be responsible for tracking what items may be in a shopping cart.
• About Form Data: The browser can store form data. Typically, this is data that is entered in a text field on a web page that you may wish to provide information such as postal code or province etc.
• About Location Access: The browser can store geo location data that can be used to better provide you with services.
• About Passwords: The browser can stores password for quick entry into certain websites that require credentials.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .