Can I Lock My SGH-I616 So That Others Cannot Use It?
Yes, with the handset's Device Lock feature, you can protect your handset and SIM card from unauthorized use by others. Once the feature is enabled, your handset is automatically locked after the specified period of inactivity.
Note: Even if the phone is locked, you will be able to receive calls
To enable the Device Lock feature follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen, press the left soft key for Start
- Select Settings
- Select More (G), to view additional settings
- Select Security (B)
- Select Device Lock (A)
- Press the OK key to check the box for "Select Prompt if device unused for"
- Select a time length the phone waits before locking itself when it is not in use, using the navigation keys
- Highlight Password type and select a password type, using the navigation keys, from the following:
- Simple PIN: Use a numeric password
- Strong Alphanumeric: password must be more than 7 characters and contain at least 3 of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, or punctuation marks
- Enter a password in the Password field, using the Qwerty keypad
- Re-enter the same password again in the Confirm password field for confirmation
- Press the left soft key for Done to set the Device Lock feature
- Press the left soft key for Yes to confirm setting the Device Lock feature
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .