Galaxy A20 - Find your phone's IMEI or serial number (SM-A205W)
The IMEI (or MEID) and serial number are two forms of identification for your phone. Just like fingerprints for people, these two numbers are different for every phone. The IMEI and serial number ensure that your phone isn't a counterfeit and can help you find it if it's stolen.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
A serial number and IMEI (or MEID) are similar, but have some differences. The serial number is a unique number assigned by the manufacturer (like Samsung) to help identify a specific device, like a phone, TV, and so on. It makes it easier for the makers to organize and keep track of their products.
On the other hand, an IMEI is only used for phones or other communication devices. Depending on your carrier, your phone may have an IMEI. These two numbers are different from a serial number. They are used at an international or global level, not just by manufacturers. Both types of numbers can help network providers track down a phone that has been stolen or lost.
- The Back of your Device: The phone's IMEI or serial number is often printed on a sticker on the back of your device.
- The Packaging: The original box may list the phone's full IMEI and serial number.
- Your Carrier's Website: Your account details may list the phone's IMEI and serial number.
- Bill of Sale: Review your sales receipt or contract for your phone's IMEI and serial number.
- Dial *#06# on the phone to display the IMEI and serial number. This only works when supported by your carrier.
Thank you for your feedback!