Galaxy A5: How do I set up and use SideSync on my Samsung Galaxy A5?
SideSync lets you easily mirror your device's screen to a PC or another Samsung Galaxy device. You can also share content between your device and a PC or another device.
For information on compatibility requirements, visit the Samsung SideSync webpage.
CLICK HERE to download SideSync app from Google Play Store for your mobile device.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Install SideSync on Your Computer
You can mirror your device to a PC or Mac® when:
• Both devices are on the same wireless network. You can also connect them using a USB cable.
• Both devices have the SideSync application installed.
Follow the steps below to download and install the SideSync application on your computer.
Note: If SideSync does not open automatically after installing, double-click SideSync to open the application.
Connect to a Computer
Note: To connect wirelessly, devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. When using SideSync with a computer, you can connect with a USB cable.
Mobile Screen Sharing
When mirroring your device to a computer, you can interact with it just as if your device were in front of you.
Touch to view additional options:
• Always on top: Keep your device's screen in front of any other open screens.
• Rotate: Switch between landscape and portrait modes.
• Capture: Capture a screenshot of the connected device.
• Enable Side-by-Side Screen Control: Control the screen from both the connected device and the SideSync window.
The following options are available at the top-right corner of the connected device:
• Minimize: Minimize the SideSync application.
• Maximize: View the connected device in full-screen mode.
• Close: Close the Mobile Screen Sharing window.
Edit Favorite Applications
You can customize the favorite applications bar at the top of the SideSync Notifications window to display up to nine applications.
SideSync lets you drag and drop supported files between your mobile device and your computer. In the example below, we are copying pictures from the Gallery to the computer. You can also move supported files from your computer to your mobile device.
Click MORE to access the following SideSync settings:
• Enable Keyboard and mouse sharing: Use your keyboard and mouse to interact on your mobile device by moving your mouse off the edge of your computer screen.
• Enable Mobile hotspot: Use your mobile device as a wireless hotspot to provide internet access for the connected device.
• Browse my mobile: Access files on your mobile device using Windows® Explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac). Settings:
• Connections: Choose the log-on and connection behaviors for SideSync.
• Notifications: Set up notification settings and sounds.
• General: Choose where to save captured screenshots, set up keyboard and mouse shortcuts, and boost the volume of calls forwarded to your computer.
• Information: View the SideSync version number and license information.
• Help: View additional help setting up and using SideSync.
• Scan for other devices: Run a scan to find other devices available for connection via SideSync.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .