Galaxy A5: How do I use Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy A5?
Bluetooth technology is a wireless connectivity feature that has a short range and low power consumption. Using your device's Bluetooth transmitter, you can connect to a wireless headset and entertainment devices like wireless speakers. You can also connect to many car infotainment systems and share your device's music. You can share content, such as photos and contact cards, between two mobile devices.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Connect to a Bluetooth Device
Note: The Bluetooth communication range is approximately 30 feet.
Before you begin, turn on the Bluetooth device you want to connect to, and make sure it is in discoverable mode or visible.
To turn on Bluetooth on your device:
Note: Older Bluetooth devices may ask for a PIN. The default PIN for many devices is four zeros—0000. Some devices have PINs specific to the device. The PIN will be in the device’s documentation.
To unpair a device you have connected to:
The other options available on this screen will vary depending on the device you are connected to. You can touch Rename to change the name of the device.
Many of the applications on your device let you share content via Bluetooth.
• When using applications like the Gallery and Internet, touch Share via > Bluetooth and select a device to share with.
• The other device will need to accept the transfer request.
Note: It may be necessary to touch More options > Share or Share via.
Note: You can also view the transferred files by opening the Notification Panel and touching Bluetooth share: Received.
Additional Bluetooth Settings
From the Bluetooth menu, touch More options for the following options:
• Visibility timeout: Adjust the timeout your device uses when it is visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices.
• Received files: Open the location where received Bluetooth files are stored.
• Rename device: Change your device's name as it displays on the Bluetooth screen.
• Help: Access tutorials for your device's Bluetooth feature.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .