Galaxy A50 - Monitor data usage (SM-A505W)
It's the middle of the month, and you receive an alert saying you only have 10 percent of your data left - there's that sinking feeling in your stomach. Luckily, you can keep tabs and set limits on your data usage using your phone's settings. They really come in handy when you're in a data crunch.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Do you know where your data is? Track your data usage to make sure you never run out.
From Settings, search for and select Data usage. Touch Data usage again, and view your Mobile data usage or Wi-Fi data usage.
Meet Data Saver: your secret weapon in the fight against drained data. Data Saver prevents some apps from sending or receiving data in the background. So rest assured, you're not wasting any precious data.
From Settings, search for and select Data saver. Next, touch Data saver again, and then touch the slider. To disable Data saver, touch the slider again.
To exclude apps from Data saver, touch App exceptions.
Another weapon in your arsenal is the Data Usage settings. They will tell you when you're nearing the end of your billing cycle and warn you when data is running low. From Settings, search for and select Data usage. Touch Data usage, touch Billing cycle and data warning.
Check out the following settings:
- Start billing cycle on: Set the date when your billing cycle starts to keep track of your mobile data usage.
- Set data warning: Turn the data warning feature on or off by touching the slider.
- Data warning: Set the amount of data to use before receiving a warning about your usage.
- Limit mobile data usage: Turn the limit mobile data feature on or off by touching the slider.
- Data limit: Set the amount of data you can use before mobile data is disabled.
Thank you for your feedback!