Galaxy Alpha: Can I set a music file as a ringtone on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
Your device can add a music file, such as an MP3, as a ringtone.
Setting a Music File As a Ringtone
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Sound .
4. Touch Ringtones, and then touch Add.
5. Select the music file you want to use.
6. You can play the music file from the beginning, or mark the Auto recommendations checkbox to have your device play the best part.
8. Touch Done to set the ringtone.
Assign a Personal Ringtone
1. To assign a personal ringtone to a contact on your mobile device, open the desired contact, and touch to edit the contact's information.
2. Touch Ringtone.
3. You can select one of the preloaded ringtones by touching it in the list and touching OK, or add a personal ringtone from the sounds stored on your device by touching Add.
4. Select the music file you want to use, and then touch Done.
5. You can play the music file from the beginning, or mark the Auto recommendations checkbox to have your device play the best part.
NOTE: Touch the filename to preview the music file, and touch it again to pause.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .