Galaxy Alpha: What is Geo News, and how do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
Geo News is a location-based service that alerts you of severe weather conditions and incidents in your area. In an urgent situation, you can call your primary contacts or send text messages with your approximate location.
Set Up Geo News
To set up Geo News:
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Safety assistance .
4. Touch Geo News.
5. Touch the slider to turn Geo News on .
6. Review the Terms and conditions, mark the acknowledgment checkbox, and then touch OK. Touch OK on the Use responsibly screen.
7. Mark the Geo News notification pop-ups checkbox to receive warnings as pop-ups on your Home screen.
Access Geo News
To access Geo News, from the Home screen, swipe from right to left until you see the widget. If you removed the widget, touch and hold the Home screen, and then touch Widgets at the bottom of the screen. Touch and hold the Geo News widget, position it on an available screen, and release it.
Additional information about Geo News is available here.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .