Galaxy Alpha: What is S Finder, and how do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
S Finder makes it easier to search for a wide variety of content on your device and the internet. You can enter keywords using your voice or the keyboard. To access S Finder from any menu or application, open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom.
Swipe the Quick Panel to the left and touch S Finder.
Touch OK after you have read the helpful hints. Mark the Do not show again checkbox to skip this message in the future.
Enter a keyword in the Search box to begin searching your device. Touch to select filters such as date, locations, content type, and content tags to narrow your search results. For a broader result, apply a filter without a keyword.
S Finder Settings
Touch More options > Settings for the following options:
• Results display order: Select Frequently used category first, Currently used category first, Alphabetical, or Custom.
• Category order: When you select Custom, you can arrange which categories display first in the search results. Touch and hold next to a category, and drag it up or down to position it in the list.
• Select search category: By default, all categories are included in the search. Unmark the checkbox next to a category to exclude it in future searches.
• Save search history: Display a history of your search entries in a list under the Search box.
• Delete history: Select results from your search history to delete.
• Select filters: By default, all filter types are selected. Unmark the checkbox next to a filter to exclude it in future searches.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .