Galaxy Alpha: What is the Smart Pause™ feature on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
The Smart Pause feature uses the front camera to sense when you are looking at your device and pauses video playback when you look away from the screen.
Turning On Smart Pause:
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Motions and gestures .
4. Touch Mute/pause.
5. Touch the slider to turn Mute/pause on .
6. Mark the Smart pause checkbox to turn on the feature.
Smart Pause works best when:
• The device is held steady and upright.
• The front-facing camera is not being used by another application.
• The device is in well-lit conditions, but the screen is not in direct light.
• You are not connected to an external video device using the AllShare® Cast Wireless Hub or an HDMI® cable.
NOTE: Smart Pause will be unable to pause if you are using a downloaded video player, a pop-up player, or Multi Window™.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .