Galaxy Alpha: What is the Smart Scroll™ feature on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
The Smart Scroll feature uses the front-facing camera to detect when you are looking at your device, and it scrolls through content such as lists, webpages, or messages based on the angle of the device.
Turning On Smart Scroll
1. From the Home screen, Touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Accessibility .
4. Touch Dexterity and interaction.
5. Touch Smart scroll.
6. Touch the slider to turn Smart Scroll on .
7. Review the information about optimal conditions for Smart Scroll use. Then touch OK.
After turning on the feature, you can adjust the following settings:
• Tilting head (default): Use Smart Scroll by tilting your head forward or backward.
• Tilting device: Use Smart Scroll by tilting the device forward or backward.
• Speed: Adjust the scrolling speed that Smart Scroll will use. Drag the slider to the left or right to decrease or increase the scrolling speed.
• Visual Feedback display: Display a visual feedback icon during Smart Scroll use.
Smart Scroll may not work in the following situations:
• When the front-facing camera fails to detect face and eyes.
• When the source of the light is behind you or you are using the device in the dark.
• When the front-facing camera is being used in an application.
• When you are using other gestures, such as Air View™.
• When there are pop-up messages or screens being displayed, or you have multiple windows open.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .