Galaxy Alpha: What Location settings (GPS) are available on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha?
GPS and Location Settings
The Location settings let you choose how your mobile device will determine your location. To turn on Location services and access the Location settings:
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Location .
4. Touch the slider to turn Location on .
5. If you want to allow the Google™ location service to anonymously collect location data, touch Agree; otherwise, touch Disagree. For this example, touch Agree.
Touch Mode to select the accuracy level of your locating method. Choose from the following:
• High accuracy: This option has the highest level of accuracy, using GPS, Wi-Fi®, and mobile data networks interchangeably to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.
• Power saving: This option uses Wi-Fi and mobile data networks to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.
• GPS only: This option uses only the GPS network to estimate your location.
Recent Location Requests
Any applications that have requested access to your location will display in this area. Under the application name, you will also see the battery usage required for this application to make the request.
• Touch an application to view its App info screen.
Your device uses information from Wi-Fi or mobile data networks (or both) to help calculate your position. This option lets Google™ use its location services to estimate your location and improve search results and other services.
• Touch Google Location Reporting to turn Location Reporting and Location History on or off.
My places lets your device recognize your location to provide relevant information and services. Add places such as Home, Work, and Car using Maps, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth® to recognize location. For example, set your Home location using Maps to search for your location. Or define your Car location by selecting your car from the paired Bluetooth devices.
Touch to define additional places. To delete places you've added, touch More options > Delete.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .