Galaxy Core: How do I charge the battery and reduce the battery consumption?
Charging the battery
Use the charger to charge the battery before using it for the first time. A computer can be also used to charge the device by connecting them via the USB cable.
Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers or cables can cause the battery to explode or damage the device.
• When the battery power is low, the battery icon appears empty.
• If the battery is completely discharged, the device cannot be turned on immediately when the charger is connected. Allow a depleted battery to charge for a few minutes before turning on the device.
• If you use multiple applications at once, network applications, or applications that need a connection to another device, the battery will drain quickly. To avoid disconnecting from the network or losing power during a data transfer, always use these applications after fully charging the battery.
Charging with the Charger
Connect the USB cable to the USB power adaptor and then plug the end of the USB cable into the multipurpose jack.
• Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the device.
• Any damage caused by misuse is not covered by the warranty.
• The device can be used while it is charging, but it may take longer to fully charge the battery.
• If the device receives an unstable power supply while charging, the touch screen may not function. If this happens, unplug the charger from the device.
• While charging, the device may heat up. This is normal and should not affect the device's lifespan or performance. If the battery gets hotter than usual, the charger may stop charging.
• If the device is not charging properly, take the device and the charger to a Samsung Service Centre.
After fully charging, disconnect the device from the charger. First unplug the charger from the device, and then unplug it from the electric socket.
IMPORTANT: Do not remove the battery before removing the charger. This may damage the device.
NOTE: To save energy, unplug the charger when not in use. The charger does not have a power switch, so you must unplug the charger from the electric socket when not in use to avoid wasting power. The charger should remain close to the electric socket and easily accessible while charging.
Checking the battery charge status
When you charge the battery while the device is off, the following icons will show the current battery charge status:
Reducing the Battery Consumption
Your device provides options that help you save battery power. By customizing these options and deactivating features in the background, you can use the device longer between charges:
• When you are not using the device, switch to sleep mode by pressing the Power button.
• Close unnecessary applications with the task manager.
• Deactivate the Bluetooth feature.
• Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature.
• Deactivate auto-syncing of applications.
• Decrease the backlight time.
• Decrease the brightness of the display.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .