Galaxy Mega™: How do I monitor data usage on my Samsung Galaxy Mega™?
Your mobile device has a built-in Data usage application. The application will show how much data you have used and which applications or services are responsible for your data usage. You can also set mobile data limits, view Wi-Fi® usage, restrict background data usage, and toggle data roaming usage on or off.
Accessing Data Usage
To access the Data usage application, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Connections > Data usage .
Managing Data Usage
You can also touch the bar and manually set the data usage level in MB (megabytes). Adjust the date range shown in the chart by touching Data Usage cycle > Change cycle.
Set Mobile Data Limit
Mark the Set mobile data limit option to disable the data connection when the limit is reached. To adjust the mobile data limit, touch the anchor on the right side of the graph, and drag it up or down.
Mobile Data Limit Reached
When you have reached your mobile data limit, you will receive the following message:
Touch Menu to access the following additional options:
• Data roaming: Mark the checkbox to turn data roaming on. When data roaming is on, your device will connect to mobile data networks outside your wireless service provider's network. Additional charges may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more information regarding data roaming.
• Restrict background data: Mark this option to restrict your device's use of data for background tasks unless your device is connected to a Wi-Fi access point.
• Auto sync data: Unmark this option to disable synchronization for your accounts.
• Show Wi-Fi usage: Mark this option to show an additional tab covering the Wi-Fi data usage on your device.
• Mobile hotspots: Select Wi-Fi networks that are mobile hotspots. When the feature is selected, apps can be restricted from using these networks when in the background and can also warn you about using these networks for large downloads.
The list of applications shows you applications that have used data on your device, and it shows how much data each application is responsible for during the data usage cycle selected. Touch an app to get more information about it and View app settings.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .