Galaxy Mega™: What is the Wi-Fi® hotspot, and how do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Mega™?
The Wi-Fi hotspot feature lets you share your mobile device’s data connection with other devices by turning your device into a wireless access point. You can connect up to eight wireless devices via Wi-Fi.
WARNING: Using your mobile device as a wireless access point is data-intensive and will dramatically reduce battery life. We recommend contacting your wireless service provider and asking about availability with your plan. We also recommend keeping the device plugged in while the hotspot feature is on.
Access the Hotspot
1. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Connections > More networks > Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot.
2. Touch the slider to turn Portable Wi-Fi hotspot on .
3. If you are connected to a wireless access point, you will be disconnected from the access point before you can use the hotspot feature. Touch OK to continue.
The icon is displayed at the top of your screen when the hotspot is turned on.
Configure the Hotspot
1. You can use the pre-defined settings, or touch Configure to edit the settings.
2. When configuring the feature, enter or edit the Network SSID (network name), select the Security feature, enter or edit the Password (if required), and check Hide my device to make your network invisible.
3. Touch Show advanced options to configure the Broadcast channel.
4. Touch Save to continue. The hotspot will turn off and turn back on with the newly configured settings.
5. Touch the hotspot name to configure the connection mode. Select All devices to allow connections from any device that has the correct connection information. Select Allowed devices only to limit connections to those devices defined in the Allowed devices list.
6. Touch Allowed devices to add or remove the devices allowed to connect to the hotspot. Touch Add device to add the device to the Allowed devices list. Enter a device name, and touch OK. Touch Back to return to the previous screen.
Connect to the Hotspot
1. Turn on Wi-Fi on the device you want to connect to your hotspot.
2. Search for your hotspot using the information shown on the hotspot settings screen, and enter the necessary information.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .