Galaxy Note2: What S Pen™ Gestures?
S Pen™ Gestures
You can perform simple gestures such as go back, open menu, open Pop Up Note, open Quick Command, capture screen, cut out image, and select text. The examples below describe the S Pen™ actions that will perform certain tasks.
• Go back: Draw a less-than arrow (<) while holding down the S Pen button.
• Open menu: Draw a carat (^) while holding down the S Pen button.
• Open Popup Note: Double touch the screen while holding down the S Pen button.
• Open Quick Command: Drag the pen from the bottom to the top of the screen while holding down the S Pen button.
• Capture screen: Touch and hold the screen while holding down the S Pen button.
• Cut out image: While holding down the S Pen button, draw a closed shape around the area you want to copy.
•Select text: Underline the text you want to copy while holding down the S Pen button.
S Pen Quick Commands
With Quick commands, you can open applications, perform predefined tasks, and search for keywords. To open the Quick Command, drag the S Pen from the bottom to the top of the screen while holding down the S Pen button.
You can write the command and the device will help you perform the task step-by-step. For example, if we write '@' the device will respond with "Write a recipient's name to send an email."
Additionally, you can write the command in its entirety. For example, if we write '@ Sam,' the device will open an email addressed to Sam.
Add a Quick Command
You can create a personal command in addition to the predefined commands on the device.
1. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > S Pen > Quick Command settings. You can also touch from the Quick Command window.
2. Touch to add a new command.
3. Select whether you want to add a command for an application or a function. In the example below, we are creating a command for an application.
4. Touch the application in the list.
5. Touch Command only to begin.
6. Write a command you would like to use to open the camera. Touch Sym to view a list of available symbols that can be assigned.
7. Touch Done to add the Quick Command. The Camera command now appears in the list of Quick Commands.
Note: Based upon your carrier, images and settings may vary. For more support, please visit //www.samsung.com/ca/support/category/mobile/mobiledevice/.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .