Galaxy Note3: How do I Connect to my computer for Tethering (use as a Wireless Modem)?
Your mobile device can be used as a wireless modem. You can share your device’s mobile data connection with a single computer.
WARNING: Using your mobile device as a tethered wireless access point is data-intensive and will dramatically reduce battery life. We recommend you contact your wireless service provider and ask about availability with your plan.
1. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Connections > Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
2. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable that came with your device.
3. Touch USB tethering to mark the checkbox and activate the feature. When the feature is on, a green check mark will appear.
4. The USB tethering icon displays at the top of your screen.
NOTE: Installation of additional drivers may be required to tether your mobile device to your computer. If the drivers do not install automatically, go to the Samsung website and visit your device’s support page. Click Manuals & Downloads to download the drivers for your device.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .