Galaxy Note5: How do I remove the S Pen and configure S Pen settings?
The S Pen is a stylus that assists you in performing different functions.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Remove S Pen
The S Pen stores inside your device for convenient access.
1. Push the S Pen inward until it pops out of the device.
2. Slide the S Pen out the rest of the way using the notch on the end of the S Pen.
Note: When you insert the S Pen into the slot, insert the S Pen’s nib first. Failure to do so can cause the S Pen to become stuck. Forcefully detaching the S Pen from the slot may cause damage to the S Pen and your device.
Configure S Pen Settings
Configure options and settings for the S Pen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > S Pen .
2. Configure any of the following settings:
• Air command: Turn the Air command feature on.
• Air view: Turn the Air view feature on.
• Direct pen input: Turn the Direct pen input feature on. This feature allows you to switch from the keyboard to the S Pen when filling in form fields.
• Pointer: Turn the pointer on. The pointer appears on the screen when the tip of the S Pen is hovering close enough. Holding the pointer over some features can reveal what an item is or what it does.
• Screen off memo: Create action memos by detaching the S Pen while the screen is off and writing on the screen.
• S Pen alerts: Tap the check box to set your device to sound an alert and show a pop-up if you forget to attach the S Pen and walk away from it with your device.
• Turn off pen detection: Turning off pen detection when the pen is attached can extend battery life.
• S Pen sound: Tap the check box to enable sounds when writing with the S Pen.
• S Pen vibration: Activate vibration feedback when writing with the S Pen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .