Galaxy Note5 - Presentation of the S Pen (SM-N920W8)
The S Pen is a stylus that assists you in performing different functions.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Remove the S Pen
The S Pen stores inside your device for convenient access.
1. Push the S Pen inward until it pops out of the device.
2. Slide the S Pen out the rest of the way using the notch on the end of the S Pen.
Note: When you insert the S Pen into the slot, insert the S Pen’s nib first. Failure to do so can cause the S Pen to become stuck. Forcefully detaching the S Pen from the slot may cause damage to the S Pen and your device.
Configure S Pen Settings
Configure options and settings for the S Pen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > S Pen .
2. Configure any of the following settings:
• Air command: Turn the Air command feature on.
• Air view: Turn the Air view feature on.
• Direct pen input: Turn the Direct pen input feature on. This feature allows you to switch from the keyboard to the S Pen when filling in form fields.
• Pointer: Turn the pointer on. The pointer appears on the screen when the tip of the S Pen is hovering close enough. Holding the pointer over some features can reveal what an item is or what it does.
• Screen off memo: Create action memos by detaching the S Pen while the screen is off and writing on the screen.
• S Pen alerts: Tap the check box to set your device to sound an alert and show a pop-up if you forget to attach the S Pen and walk away from it with your device.
• Turn off pen detection: Turning off pen detection when the pen is attached can extend battery life.
• S Pen sound: Tap the check box to enable sounds when writing with the S Pen.
• S Pen vibration: Activate vibration feedback when writing with the S Pen.