Galaxy Note8 - S Pen Features and Settings (SM-N950W)
Your S Pen can be customized so you can create whatever you dream up, with a touch lighter than air. You don’t even have to press your screen anymore. Set your phone to Air view and simply wave the S Pen near your screen where you would normally touch. Maybe you’d like to see a pointer displayed on the screen to show the path of your S Pen. You can do this and so much more in S Pen settings. Glide on through this quick guide.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
S Pen Features and Settings
Never lose your S Pen when you use the alarm setting. If you walk away from your phone without putting your S Pen back, your phone will get your attention. Learn about more S Pen settings here.
• Air view: Turn Air view on or off.
• Direct pen input: Turn the Direct pen input feature on or off. This feature allows you to switch from the keyboard to the S Pen when filling in the form fields.
• Pointer: Turn the pointer on or off. The pointer appears on the screen when the tip of the S Pen is hovering close enough. Holding the pointer over some features can reveal what an item is or what it does.
• Screen off memo: Create notes by pressing the pen button, touching the screen while it is off, and then writing on it.
• Shortcuts: Add or remove shortcuts for apps.
• Floating icon: Minimize the Air command menu into a floating icon that can be moved around the screen.
• When S Pen is removed: You can select the action when you remove the S Pen from your phone.
• Alarm: Sound an alarm if you walk away your phone without inserting the S Pen and the screen is off.
• Power saver: Save battery power by not trying to detect your S Pen while it's in your phone.
• Sound: Play sounds when you insert or remove the S Pen or write on the screen.
• Vibration: Vibrate your phone when you insert or remove the S Pen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .