Galaxy Note8: How do I take a screenshot on my Samsung Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950W)?
A screenshot is a snapshot of your phone’s screen saved as a photo. Captured screenshots are saved to the Gallery.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Use the Phone Keys
1. To capture a screenshot of the displayed screen, press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously.
2. When the screenshot is captured, the screen will flash as it makes a camera shutter like sound and the Screenshot icon will appear on the Notification bar.
Palm Swipe to Capture
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Advanced features.
4. Swipe to and touch Palm swipe to capture.
5. To turn on or turn off Palm swipe to capture, touch the slider.
Note: Palm swipe to capture is enabled by default.
6. Take a screenshot by swiping the edge of your hand across the screen.
7. When the screenshot is captured, the screen will flash as it makes a camera shutter like sound and the Screenshot icon will appear on the Notification bar.
View the Captured Screenshots
Note: The screenshot can be viewed immediately through the Notification panel. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification panel.
1. From the Notification panel, swipe down on the Screenshot captured notification.
2. To open the screenshot, touch the Screenshot captured notification.
Important: To view your screenshots at any time, navigate to Gallery.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .