Galaxy S10 - Control What Shows on the Phone’s Lock Screen (SM-G970W, SM-G973W & SM-G975W)
We know you're busy. And when you're in a rush, you may not have time to unlock your phone to open and dismiss all those notifications. The good news is that you can manage your notifications right from the lock screen.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Nobody likes when other people can accidentally view your notifications. Fortunately, you can hide the notification details on the Lock screen.
From Settings, swipe to and touch Lock screen. Then, touch Notifications. Touch the slider to turn notifications On or Off. Explore the available settings, and customize to your liking. You can even adjust the transparency:
- View style: Choose from Detailed, Icons only, and Brief.
- Hide content: Hide notification content.
- Show on Always on Display: Show or hide notifcations when your Always on Display is active.
You can open or dismiss notifications right from the lock screen of your phone. Because, let’s be honest, some notifications are just meant to be dismissed.
From the lock screen, touch the notification's icon to open up the Notification Panel. To open a notification, simply touch the desired notification and unlock your phone if needed. To dismiss a notification, swipe the desired notification to the left or right until it disappears.
View style: Choose from Detailed, Icons only, and Brief.
With certain settings, you can get quick access to the time, schedules, alarms, and even contact information right from the lock screen. Just follow the steps below.
From Settings, touch Lock screen. The following settings will appear. Use them to make your lock screen work for you.
- Clock style: Set the type and color for the clock on the Lock screen and Always On Display.
- Roaming clock: You can set your home time zone. Both local and your home time zones will be displayed when you are roaming.
- FaceWidgets: You can set the Lock screen and Always On Display to display the Music controller, Today’s schedule, and the Next Alarm.
- Contact information: You can add your contact information and it will be displayed on the Lock screen.
- Notifications: Adjust the style and settings of the notifcations that appear on your lock screen.
- App shortcuts: Select apps to open from the lock screen.
Just like how you snooze your alarm clock every morning, you can "snooze" your notifications too. Snoozing them will make them disappear and then reappear after a certain amount of time.
To snooze a notification from the lock screen, swipe the desired notification slightly to the left or right. If you swipe too fast or too far, you might accidentally close the notifcation, so be careful. Touch the Snooze icon (it looks like a bell), select your desired amount of time, and then touch Save. Ahh, peace and quiet.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .