Galaxy S10 - Wireless PowerShare (SM-G970W, SM-G973W & SM-G975W)
What if you could charge all your devices on the fly, even if you forgot their chargers? It's not too good to be true. With the new Wireless PowerShare feature, your Galaxy S10 can share its power to help charge another phone or watch. All you need to do is place the two devices together.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
Wireless PowerShare is limited to Samsung or other brand smartphones with WPC Qi wireless charging, such as Galaxy S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S8 Active, S7, S7 edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 edge, S6 Active, S6 edge+, Note9, Note8, Note FE, Note5, and wearables such as Galaxy Watch Active, Gear Sport, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch, and Galaxy Buds. May not work with certain accessories, covers, or other brand devices. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment.
When you're ready to perform a charging magic trick, confirm your Galaxy S10 has at least a 30 percent charge. Otherwise, the PowerShare feature will remain off and you will see a message prompting you to charge your phone.
Using two fingers, swipe down from the top of the screen to open Quick Settings. Tap Wireless PowerShare, and then follow the on-screen instructions to use it. When charging begins, you will receive a popup notification and hear a chime. To check on the charging status at any time, tap the notification in the Notification Panel. To stop charging, just separate the two devices from each other.
- Wireless PowerShare works with most Qi-Certified devices. May not work with some accessories, covers, or other manufacturers’ devices. If you have trouble connecting or charging is slow, remove any cover from each device.
- The location of the wireless charging coil varies by device. Adjust the position of the devices to ensure their connection is good.
- You can also charge both devices with one cable by performing the steps above and then connecting your Galaxy S10 to the included charger.
- The PowerShare function turns off automatically after 30 seconds if another device is not detected. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment.
Most QI-compatible devices should work with Wireless PowerShare, but check out the full list of compatible devices below just in case. The speed and power of the charge will vary by device.
- Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, S10 5G
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy S7, S8/S8+, S9/S9+, Note8, Note9
- Galaxy Buds
- Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch Active
Thank you for your feedback!