Galaxy S3: How do I use hands-free mode?
When enabled, the device will read out incoming callers, message sender, alarms, and schedule information.
To enable Hands-free mode, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Hands-free mode . Touch the slider to turn Hands-free mode on . Touch OK on the dialog box about turning off S Voice™ Hands-free.
To quickly turn on/off Hands-free mode, with two fingers slightly apart, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to access the Quick Panel. Touch the icon for Hands-free mode. When enabled, the icon will be green.
The following options are available:
• Incoming call: When an incoming call is received, read out the caller's information.
• Message: When a new text or multimedia message arrives, read out the sender's information.
• Alarm: When the alarm sounds, read out the alarm information.
• Schedule: When the calendar event alarm sounds, read out the calendar information.
S Voice Hands-free
When Hands-free mode is enabled, it turns on the S Voice Hands-free feature. Say "Hi, Galaxy" when the screen is off to wake up S Voice. After the beep, you can say a command.
NOTE: If this is the first time you are using S Voice, you will need to accept the terms of service.
The following are examples of what you can say using S Voice while in Hands-free mode.
• "Call Charlie mobile."
• "Call Joe work."
• "Dial 6171231234."
• "Text Charlie."
• "Text Katie message Are you free tonight for dinner?"
• "Send message to John How's it going?"
• "Read my messages."
• "Memo Send mom a card."
• "Note to self Buy milk."
• "Show me my shopping list memo."
• "New Event Lunch with James July 21st at 1 p.m."
• "What's on my calendar?"
• "Check schedule on Friday."
• "Add event Dance class Saturday at 10 a.m. for 2 hours."
• "Cancel the budget review meeting."
• "Play playlist my favorites."
• "Play album secrets."
• "Play next song."
• "Play joyful music."
• "Hands-free mode on."
• "Hands-free mode off."
• "Navigate to Cambridge, MA."
• "Directions to Palm Springs."
• "Map of Boston."
• "Read the news."
• "I want to hear the news."
• "Next/Previous news."
• "What is the weather today?"
• "Check the weather forecast."
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .