Galaxy S6 - Safe Mode (SM-G920W8)
Boot your device in Safe mode to troubleshoot whether downloaded applications are causing problems with the device. Safe mode will load only basic system software.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turning On Safe Mode
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Power/Lock key for one to two seconds to turn on the device.
2. When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key until you see the lock screen.
3. When the lock screen appears, Safe mode displays in the lower-left corner of the screen. Swipe the screen in any direction to unlock the screen.
Note: If your device is working properly in Safe mode, uninstall third-party applications or application updates using the Application manager (found in Apps > Settings > Applications).
4. To exit Safe mode, restart your device by pressing and holding the Power/Lock key.
5. Touch Safe mode enabled to disable Safe mode.
6. Your device will restart. Touch OK.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .