Galaxy S7: How do I open applications in Split screen view on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
Split Screen View
Split screen view lets you multitask by displaying two applications at once
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Open Applications in Split Screen View
Note: See Multi Window Control below for information on managing your screen space.
Split Screen View Navigation
Touch and drag the control dot between the applications to re-size the windows.
Manage Split Screen View
Touch the control dot between the applications to access the Split screen view controls.
• Switch windows : Move the bottom application to the top window and the top application to the bottom window.
• Drag and drop content: Drag and drop text and pictures from one application to the other. This feature is not supported in all applications.
• Minimize window : Minimizes the active window to an icon. Touch the icon to reopen the application in a free-floating window.
• Maximize window : Maximizes the active window.
• Close app : Closes the active window.
Open an Application in a Pop-up
To open an application in a pop-up window:
Open by Swiping
Open From Recents
Move or Resize Pop-up Window
• Touch and drag the blue outline to resize the pop-up window.
• Touch and drag the control dot at the top of the pop-up window to move.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .