Galaxy S7: How do I register fingerprints on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
Use Fingerprint recognition as an alternative security method to entering passwords. To use Fingerprint recognition, your fingerprint information needs to be registered and stored on your device. You can register up to three fingerprints. A password is also set up as an alternative to your fingerprint.
1. From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings .
2. Tap Lock screen and security .
3. Tap Fingerprints.
4. Tap Add fingerprint.
5. You must set a Pattern, PIN, or Password to protect your fingerprints. For this example, we will set a PIN.
6. Lift your finger when the device vibrates, and then place it on the Home key again. Repeat this action using the same finger until the fingerprint is registered.
7. Select display options for notifications on the lock screen and tap DONE.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .