Galaxy S7: How do I register fingerprints on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
Use Fingerprint recognition as an alternative security method to entering passwords. To use Fingerprint recognition, your fingerprint information needs to be registered and stored on your device. You can register up to three fingerprints. A password is also set up as an alternative to your fingerprint.
1. From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings .
2. Tap Lock screen and security .
3. Tap Fingerprints.
4. Tap Add fingerprint.
5. You must set a Pattern, PIN, or Password to protect your fingerprints. For this example, we will set a PIN.
6. Lift your finger when the device vibrates, and then place it on the Home key again. Repeat this action using the same finger until the fingerprint is registered.
7. Select display options for notifications on the lock screen and tap DONE.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .