Galaxy S7: How do I set up a Lock Screen Pattern on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
When you set a pattern (draw a pattern with four or more dots) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Set up a pattern lock screen
Important: Don’t forget your pattern! Write it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Lock screen and security .
Note: It might be necessary to scroll to and touch Lock screen and security .
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to enter the PIN previously registered.
6. Touch Pattern.
7. Create a screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in vertical, horizontal, or diagonal directions. Lift your finger from the screen when finished and touch CONTINUE.
8. Draw the pattern again and tap CONFIRM.
9. Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
10. You can add extra security to your device by adding your fingerprints. Touch SET UP to add your fingerprints. Touch LATER to skip this step.
11. Press the Power button twice to access lock screen.
Note : You might notice that compared to our previous Galaxy devices, the weather information has been removed and the clock has been moved to the middle of the lock screen.
12. Swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
13. Draw your pattern to unlock the device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .