Galaxy S7: How do I set up a Lock Screen PIN on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
When you set a PIN (with at least four numbers) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Set up a PIN lock screen
Important: Don’t forget your PIN! Write it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Lock screen and security .
Note: It might be necessary to scroll to and touch Lock screen and security .
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to draw the pattern previously registered.
6. Touch PIN.
7. Create a PIN (with at least four numbers) and touch CONTINUE.
8. Retype the PIN to confirm it and touch OK.
9. Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
10. You can add extra security to your device by adding your fingerprints. Touch SET UP to add your fingerprints. Touch LATER to skip this step.
11. Press the Power button twice to access lock screen.
Note : You might notice that compared to our previous Galaxy devices, the weather information has been removed and the clock has been moved to the middle of the lock screen.
12. Swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
13. Enter your PIN and touch OK to unlock the device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .