Galaxy S7: How do I set up Screen Lock on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
Increase your mobile device's security by setting up a screen lock. Pattern, PIN, Passwrod and Fingerprint locks provide better protection than Swipe lock and are all configured from the Screen lock type menu.
Set Up Screen Lock
1. From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings .
2. Tap Lock screen and security .
3. Tap Screen lock type.
Note: If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials.
4. For this example, tap Pattern. Alternatively, tap PIN or Password and follow the steps to set up a numeric or password lock.
5. Create a screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in vertical, horizontal, or diagonal directions. Lift your finger from the screen when finished and tap CONTINUE.
6. Draw the pattern again and tap CONFIRM.
7. Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen. Then, tap DONE.
Note: Adjust this setting at any time in Apps > Settings > Lock screen and security > Notifications on lock screen > Content on lock screen.
8. You can add extra security to your device by adding your fingerprints. Tap LATER to skip this step. Tap SET UP to add your fingerprints.
9. For this example, tap LATER.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .