Galaxy S8: How do I check for software update on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W)?
Software updates are released to update the UI, enhance security, and remove bugs from your device. We recommend updating your device’s software whenever it is available.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Manually download a software update
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Swipe to and touch Software update.
4. Touch Download updates manually.
5. If a system update is available, download and install the update by following the on-screen prompts. For this example, complete the steps by touching Back.
Note: Depending on your software version, it may be necessary to repeat this process multiple times.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .