Galaxy S8: How do I use fast charging on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W)?
For fastest charging times, use the Adaptive Fast Charger that came with your device. This charger provides faster charging only when connected to devices that support Adaptive Fast Charging.
Important: Use only charging devices and batteries approved by Samsung. Samsung accessories are designed for your device to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may invalidate your warranty and may cause damage.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Turn On fast cable charging
Note: Fast cable charging is turned On by default.
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Device maintenance.
4. Touch Battery
5. Touch More Options.
6. Touch Advanced settings.
7. To turn on Fast cable charging, touch the slider.
Fast charging your mobile device
1. Insert the USB cable into the USB C port.
2. Connect the USB cable to the charging head and then plug the charging head into a standard outlet.
3. Unplug the charging head from the outlet and remove the USB cable from the device when charging is complete.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .