Galaxy S8: How do I use Smart Lock on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W)?
Smart Lock automatically unlocks your device by recognizing signals like your device’s proximity to your home, your car’s Bluetooth system, or your smartwatch.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Manage Smart Lock
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Lock screen and security.
4. Touch Smart Lock.
Note: Your device must have a screen lock set up to access the Smart Lock function.
5. Enter your lock screen credentials.
6. Select the option you would like to use:
• On-body detection: Just unlock once and your device stays unlocked as long as you keep holding your device or carry it on you.
• Trusted places: Add a location where the device will stay unlocked.
• Trusted devices: Add a trusted device to keep the device unlocked when connected.
• Trusted voice: Let "Ok Google" unlock your device when the sound matches your voice.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .