Galaxy S9 - Presentation of device maintenance (SM-G960W)
Keep up with the nuts and bolts of your phone’s performance. Device maintenance provides an overview of the status of your battery, storage, RAM, and security. You can also automatically optimize your phone's system resources.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
The Quick Optimization feature improves the phone's performance through the following actions:
• Identifying apps that use excessive battery power and clearing unneeded items from memory.
• Deleting unnecessary files and closing apps running in the background.
• Scanning for malware.
Use quick optimization
Battery is your phone’s lifeline. Learn about the various ways you can change battery settings to optimize the battery life.
• Battery usage: View details of battery usage by item.
• Power saving mode: Extend battery life by selecting a power saving mode. Choose OFF, MID, or MAX. Estimated remaining battery life for each mode is provided.
• App power monitor: Put apps to sleep so that they do not use battery power when not in use.
• Unmonitored apps: Select apps to exclude from being put to sleep by the App power monitor.
• More Options > Advanced settings: Configure advanced battery settings.
We all have our go-to apps on our phones. Learn how to enhance your phone’s performance to meet your needs.
• Optimized (recommended): Balance battery life and screen resolution for everyday use.
• Game: Enhance your gaming experience by making games run more smoothly.
• Entertainment: Enjoy music and videos with ultra high quality sound and enhanced images.
• High performance: Experience the highest quality display settings.
If you are worried about your phone being overloaded with unnecessary data like cached and residual files, it’s about time you clear out your storage. Here’s to happy cleaning.
Is your phone getting glitchy and slow? Learn how to clean up your phone’s memory to improve performance.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .