Galaxy S9 - Is my Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960W) dust and water resistant (IP68 rating)?
Whether you’re a hiking enthusiast who hits the mountains every weekend or you just live in a bustling city, having a durable phone gives you peace of mind. You can be as adventurous as you like knowing your Galaxy S9 is equipped with protection from water, dirt, and grime. IP (Ingress Protection) is a universally accepted measure of varying degrees of dust and liquid resistance. Galaxy S9 has an IP rating of 68, which means you can bring it with you on adventures and take comfort in knowing your phone can keep up with your active lifestyle.
Warning: Phone may not perform in all extreme conditions.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Dust and Water-Resistance Tips
Warning: The touchscreen may not be active in water.
Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the phone:
• Whenever your phone gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
• Do not expose the phone to salt water or ionized water. If your phone is exposed to salt water, wash the phone with fresh water, and then dry thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Otherwise, when it dries, salt may accumulate and block the primary microphone, earpiece, and external speaker.
• When drying off your phone, be sure to pat the earpiece (top front of the phone), primary microphone (bottom of phone), external speaker (bottom of phone), and the power/accessory (USB) interface connector with a clean, soft cloth to remove as much water as possible.
• When making a call immediately after your phone is wet, the microphone may have water in it, which may lower the volume that the other person will hear. After drying off the phone, allow the phone to air-dry before making a call.
• Physical damage to your phone such as chips and cracks can significantly reduce its ability to resist dust and water.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .