Galaxy Tab A: How do I change the language and input settings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A?
Language and Input Settings
Configure your device’s language and input settings.
Set Your Default Language
Select Your Default Keyboard or Input Method
Note: Additional keyboards can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Samsung Keyboard Settings
Configure options for using the Samsung keyboard.
• Input languages: Choose which languages are available on the keyboard. Tap Select input languages to add languages to the keyboard. To switch between languages, slide the space bar sideways.
• Smart typing: Select smart features to assist your typing.
- Predictive text: Allow Predictive text to suggest words matching your text entries, and, optionally, complete common words automatically. Predictive text can learn your personal writing style from your contacts, messages, Gmail, and social networking sites — improving its accuracy of predicting your text entries.
- Auto replace: Automatically replace misspelled words.
- Auto check spelling: Check spelling as you type.
- Text shortcuts: Create shortcuts for your frequently used phrases.
- Auto capitalize: Automatically capitalize the first letter of each sentence.
- Auto spacing: Automatically insert spaces between words.
- Auto punctuate: Automatically insert a full stop by tapping the space bar twice.
- Keyboard swipe: Configure keyboard swipe to type by sliding your finger across the keyboard.
• Key-tap feedback: Configure feedback features for typing.
- Sound: Play a sound when you tap a key.
- Character preview: Show a big character bubble when a key is tapped.
• Other settings: Configure other keyboard settings.
- Adjust keyboard size: Adjust the size of the keyboard on the screen. Tap RESET to return to the default size.
- Reset settings: Reset all settings for the Samsung keyboard.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .