Galaxy Tab A - Set a Screen Lock (SM-P550 & SM-T350)
Choose a method for unlocking your screen. Different Screen Locks have different levels of security and options.
The provided information refers to the devices sold in Canada. Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version (Android 5.0 Lollipop for this FAQ).
Set a Screen Lock
• Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it. This option provides no security.
• Pattern: A screen unlock pattern is a tap gesture you create and use to unlock your device. This option provides medium security.
• PIN: Select a PIN to use for unlocking the screen. This option provides medium to high security.
• Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen. This option provides high security.
Show or Hide Sensitive Notification Content
After choosing a screen lock type, you can select whether to show or hide sensitive notification content on the lock screen.
Screen Lock Options
• Unlock effect: Set the visual effect used when unlocking the screen. (This option is available with Swipe only.)
• Show information: Show the dual clock, or information such as the weather information, on the lock screen.
• Secure lock settings: Set the following secure lock functions:
- Lock automatically: Set the time after the screen is turned off to enable the screen lock.
- Lock instantly with power key: Touch the ON/OFF switch to enable or disable locking the screen immediately when pressing the Power key.
- Smart Lock: Set your device to stay unlocked when you have trusted devices connected or when it’s in a trusted place.
Options vary based on the screen lock type.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .