Galaxy Tab E LTE: How do I use Ultra power saving mode on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E LTE?
Ultra power saving mode
Use Ultra power saving mode to switch your device's screen to grayscale and turn off nonessential applications so you get the maximum battery life. Location services, and connectivity features such as Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®, will also be turned off in Ultra power saving mode. With Ultra power saving mode turned on, even if you're down to a 10% charge, you can receive calls and texts for up to 24 hours (based on laboratory testing).
Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, wireless service provider, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and applications' usage patterns.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn On Ultra Power Saving Mode
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Battery .
4. Touch Ultra power saving mode.
5. Touch the slider to turn Ultra power saving mode on .
6. The Messages, Internet, S Planner, and Clock applications are automatically available in Ultra power saving mode. Touch to add up to 5 more applications available.
Note: To adjust network connections, bluetooth connections, sound, or screen brightness in Ultra power saving mode, touch MORE and then Settings.
Turn Off Ultra Power Saving Mode
1. From the Home screen, touch MORE (top right corner).
2. Touch Disable ultra power saving mode to return to standard mode.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .