Galaxy Tab2: How do I change the keyboard input option?
Keyboard Input Options
You can change the keyboard settings on your device by opening the Notification Panel by touching the clock. Touch Settings > Language and input. Your device comes preloaded with the Samsung keyboard.
Samsung Keyboard Settings
Touch next to Samsung keyboard to customize the following keyboard settings:
• Input language: Select the input languages you want your device's keyboard to support.
• Predictive Text: Touch the slider to turn T9 Trace™ predictive text on or off. Touch Predictive Text to edit the following predictive text settings:
• Word completion: Mark this option to have your device recommend complete words based on the characters you have entered so far.
• Word completion point: Set the number of characters you want to enter before Word completion should offer you suggestions.
• Spell correction: Mark this option to have your device correct misspelled words.
• Next word prediction: Mark this option to have your device predict the next word based on what you have already typed.
• Auto-append: Mark this option to have the most common predicted word automatically added to your text.
• Auto-substitution: Mark this option to have your device suggest alternative words to those you typed. • Regional correction: Mark this option to have your device adjust words based on regional dialect.
• Recapture: Mark this option to enable T9 Trace recommendations.
• My word list: Shows you the list of custom words you have added to your list. Touch Add to manually add words.
• Auto-substitution list: Shows you a list of auto-substitutions your device allows you to use when you are entering text. You can type the word in the shortcut list and your device will correct it to the substitution. Touch Add to manually add substitutions.
• Voice input: Mark this option to add a Voice icon to the keyboard for quick access to the Google™ Voice Typing feature.
• Auto capitalization: Mark this option to have your device auto-capitalize words at the beginning of a sentence and for proper nouns.
• Auto-punctuate: Mark this option to have your device enter a period at the end of a sentence by touching the space bar twice.
• Key-tap sound: Mark this option to play a brief sound each time you touch a key on the on-screen keyboard.
• Tutorial: View a tutorial on using the Samsung keyboard.
• Reset settings: Reset the keyboard settings to default, except My word list and Auto-substitution list.
Switching Text Entry Modes
When you have activated multiple text entry features, like Google Voice Typing and Samsung keyboard, you can switch between these modes by touching , and touching the mode you want to use.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .