Galaxy Tab2: How do I monitor data usage?
Your mobile device has a built-in Data Usage application. The application will show you how much data you have used and which apps or services are responsible for your data usage. Set mobile data limits, view Wi-Fi® usage, restrict background data usage, and toggle data roaming usage on or off.
Accessing Data Usage
To access the Data Usage app, touch the clock to open the Notification Panel, and touch Settings > Data usage.
Managing Data Usage
Place a check mark next to Mobile data to turn mobile data On or Off. Mark Limit mobile data usage option to disable the data connection when the limit is reached. Mark Alert me about data usage to be notified when you are close to reaching the limit. To adjust the limit, touch the corresponding bar on the graph and drag it up or down. Adjust the date range shown in the chart by editing Data usage cycle.
NOTE: When the mobile data limit is reached the device will display a "Data Usage Warning" notification.
Touch the Menu key to access the following additional options:
• Data roaming: Set your device to roam to other networks for data when you are outside of your coverage area. Marking this option may cause you to incur additional charges from your wireless carrier. Please contact your carrier for information about the costs of data roaming.
• Restrict background data: Restrict your device's use of data for background tasks unless your device is connected to a Wi-Fi® access point.
• Auto-sync data: Automatically sync your accounts.
• Show Wi-Fi usage: Show an additional tab covering the Wi-Fi data usage on your device.
• Mobile hotspots: Select Wi-Fi networks that are mobile hotspots. When selected, apps can be restricted from using these networks when in the background and can also warn you about using these networks for large downloads.
The list of applications shows the applications that have used data on your device, and how much data use each application is responsible for during the data usage cycle selected. Touch an app to get more information about it, to View app settings, and to Restrict background data for each application individually.
NOTE: Data usage shown in the Data Usage app is measured by your mobile device. Your carrier's data usage accounting may differ.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .