Galaxy Watch - Accessibility Features (SM-R800 & SM-R810)
Having some kind of impairment won't stop you from enjoying the Galaxy Watch. It has Accessibility features built right, including Vision and Hearing settings. Learn how to use and adjust these settings so you can get the most out of your Galaxy Watch, no matter what.
Available screens and settings may vary by provider, phone, or watch.
If you think the Galaxy Watch's screen is too small, don't worry. The watch has Vision accessibility features that can read the text aloud. You can also zoom in and out on the screen. Read below to learn how to access the Vision settings.
From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Accessibility, and then touch Vision.
The following options are available:
• Voice Assistant: Provides audio descriptions for each screen on the watch. Touch any item to hear it described. Double touch it to perform the described function.
• Vibration watch: Gives you the current time. Touch the watch face with two fingers to check the time. Single touch for the hour; double touch for the minute.
• Zoom: Triple touch the screen to zoom in and out. After zooming in, pinch to adjust the zoom. Turn the bezel or drag two fingers to pan.
• Grayscale: Change the display to use grayscale.
• Negative colors: Change the display to use negative colors.
You're listening to music or receiving a call, you can adjust the audio settings to match your personal hearing needs.
From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Accessibility, and then touch Hearing. You can mute all sounds or switch audio from stereo to mono when you're using your Bluetooth headphones.
Whether you have some trouble reading the screen or are just super busy, you can have your Galaxy Watch read things aloud to you!
From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Accessibility, and then touch Text-to-speech. Customize the available settings for Text-to-speech. You can change the Language, Speech rate, and have it Read notifications aloud, or Check for updates.
If you use the Accessibility options a lot, you can access them even faster using Direct access. This option gives you quick access to a range of Accessibility settings and functions when you triple touch the screen with two fingers.
From the watch's Home screen, navigate to Settings. Swipe to and touch Accessibility, and then touch Direct access. Touch the slider to enable Direct access. Then, swipe down to select which Accessibility settings and functions you want to access from Direct access.
Thank you for your feedback!