Galaxy Watch - Connect to a Phone (SM-R800 & SM-R810)
Connect your watch and phone using the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and get access to available functions. You can also sync up with the Samsung Health app. Talk about a dynamic duo!
Available screens and settings may vary by provider, phone, or watch.
On your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app. Touch More Options and then touch Connect new device.
Next, select your watch from the list. Follow on-screen prompts to connect your watch and phone.
Let's get your phone acquainted with your watch. We're sure they'll be fast friends. Open Samsung Gear on your phone, touch START THE JOURNEY and then Gear Watch.
Once your Gear Watch is found, touch Connect, and then when the "Bluetooth Pairing Request" appears, touch Pair.
If your Gear Watch does not show up, make sure Bluetooth on the Gear Watch is on and not currently connected to any other phones.
Review and touch Agree to the following options, and then touch DONE. Now your Gear Watch is connected to the Samsung Gear app on your phone. On your Gear Watch, you can follow the tutorial instructions or touch Skip.
No phone, no problem! Check out how to get your Gear Watch set up solo.
Select the language you would like to use for your watch and then touch Next. Swipe up, and then touch the Question mark. On the next screen, swipe up and touch here. You will be shown a set up screen where you can adjust the initial settings. Follow the setup guide, and your watch is now set up without a phone.
- Open the Samsung Health app on your phone. Navigate to Steps > More Options > View your step count data and then select your watch.
- Disconnect your watch from your phone, (Apps > Galaxy Wearable > More Options > Disconnect) and then restart both your Gear and your phone.
- Make sure that the Samsung Health app is up to date.
- Clear the app cache for Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health.
- Clear the app data for Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health and then reset both devices.
- Make sure the data you are trying to sync is saved to internal storage and not on a cloud service. You can access data from the cloud on your phone but files will not be synced with your watch.
- If you stop to rest or because you got caught in traffic, the watch may pause or end your session.
- If you are in an area with weak mobile data strength, it can interfere with the process. Try disabling mobile data if this problem persists.
All Android phones running Android version 4.4 and later are compatible with the watch, although some features on non-Samsung phones will have limited compatiblility.
The watch is compatible with iOS phones, but the Email and Samsung Pay features are not available.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .