Gear S: Tips for Saving Battery
To reduce battery consumption and save, there are some of tips.
Tips for Saving Battery
1. Set mobile networks option to Auto or Off. Enabling mobile networks always on will significantly increase battery consumption.
Tap Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Use mobile network → Select “Auto switch” or “Always off”
2. When you have the mobile device nearby, please disable the “Forward calls to Gear” feature.
You can set the mobile device to forward incoming calls to the Gear and use this feature when the Gear is connected to the mobile device via the remote connection feature.
But, please enable this call forwarding feature when mobile device is placed on far distance since this increase battery consumption.
On All apps screen of Gear S, tap Settings → Call → Mobile to gear → Disable
3. You can set the Gear to receive notifications from the mobile device with a variety of events, such as missed calls or new messages. But, please select the minimum necessary alerts to notify.
On mobile device, tap Samsung Gear → Notifications → Manage notifications → alerts
4. Receive notifications, except incoming call alerts and alarms, on your Gear while its screen is turned off.
On mobile device, tap Samsung Gear → Notifications → check “Keep screen off” option
5. What you don’t use “Wake-up gesture” feature on Gear S will help to save the battery.
To wake up the Gear, you can raise the arm that your Gear is on and look at the Gear’s screen via Wake-up gesture. But, this feature may consume more of the Gear’s battery power because its motion sensor is always on.
On mobile device, tap Samsung Gear → Settings → Motions → Wake-up gesture
6. On S Voice, turn off the Voice wake-up feature.
On All apps screen of Gear S, select S Voice → more option → Voice wake-up → uncheck Voice wake-up
7. What you don’t use “Clock always on” feature on Gear S will help to save the battery because it set the Gear to display a clock when the screen is turned off.
On All apps screen of Gear S, tap Settings → Style → Clocks → uncheck Clock always on
8. Activate power saving mode to save the battery power by limiting the Gear’s functions.
Tap Settings → Power saving → Power saving mode → Enable Power saving mode.
NOTE: In power saving mode, the Gear performs the following:
• Displays colors on the screen as grey tones.
• Deactivates the clock always on feature.
• Deactivates the mobile data connection when the screen turns off.
• Deactivates the Wi-Fi and motion features.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .