Gear S: Usability and Others
Water Resistance Feature
Even though Gear S has the water-resistance feature of IP67 level, the device may be damaged if water or dust enters the device. Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the device and to maintain the water- and dust-resistant performance of the device.
Maintaining the Water Resistant Performance
• Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1 m and keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes.
• Do not expose the device to water moving with force, such as water running from a tap, ocean waves, or waterfalls.
• If the device or your hands are wet, dry them thoroughly before handling the device.
• The rubber seal fitted to the SIM card cover is an important component of the device. Take care when opening and closing the SIM card cover to avoid damaging the rubber seal. Also, ensure that the rubber seal is free from debris, such as sand or dust to prevent damage to the device.
• If the device is exposed to freshwater, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. If the device is exposed to any liquid other than freshwater, rinse the device with freshwater immediately and dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Failure to rinse the device in freshwater and dry it as instructed may cause the device to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues.
• If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water-and dust-resistant features of the device may be damaged.
NOTE: Your device is designed to conform to electromagnetic waves associated SAR standards and has been tested without any problems.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .