Gear S2: How do I connect my Samsung Gear S2 with my Android device?
Before using your Gear S2, you will need to connect it to a mobile device using the Samsung Gear application.
Download the Samsung Gear application by going to Google Play™ store on your mobile device. The application must be installed on your mobile device before you can begin the connection process.
Note: The Gear S2 is compatible with mobile devices with Android version 4.4 (KitKat) and later with 1.5GB of RAM available. Some features may not be available. For best compatibility, connect with Samsung Galaxy devices.
Note: The screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
Connect to Your Mobile Device
Both your Gear S2 and mobile device must be turned on before connecting, and your Gear S2 must be in pairing mode. Refer to the section below for pairing mode instructions.
1. From the Home screen of your mobile device, touch Apps .
2. Touch Samsung Gear .
Note: Download and install Samsung Gear from Google Play store.
3. Touch CONNECT TO GEAR.
4. Touch the name of your Gear S2.
5. Touch Pair to confirm the Bluetooth® pairing request.
6. On your Gear S2, confirm the passkey matches the one on your mobile device. Touch Accept to confirm.
7. You may be prompted to install additional applications to improve user experience. Touch OK to download the application.
8. Touch INSTALL.
Note: Depending on the device you are installing Samsung Gear on, you may be prompted to install the Samsung Accessory Service. Follow the on-screen instructions to install this application.
9. Touch ACCEPT.
10. Double-touch Back on your mobile device.
11. Review the End User License Agreement, and mark the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions. Mark the Agree to all checkbox to agree to the additional terms. Touch DONE to continue.
12. Review the Samsung account information. Touch SKIP to continue without a Samsung account, or touch SIGN IN to sign in to or create an account.
Note: Some applications and features may not be available without a Samsung account.
13. Enter your ID and Password information, and then touch Sign in.
Note: Your ID is the email address you used to register your Samsung account. Touch Create new account to create a Samsung account.
14. Review the notification access information and touch TURN ON.
15. Mark the checkbox next to Samsung Gear.
16. Review the Enable Samsung Gear information and touch OK.
17. Touch Back on your mobile device.
18. Mark the checkboxes next to the notifications you want to receive on your Gear S2. Mark the checkbox above All to select all of the provided notification types. Touch OK to continue.
19. Your Gear S2 is now connected and ready for use.
Pairing Mode on Your Gear S2
Note: Your Gear S2 must be in pairing mode before you can pair it with a mobile device.
When using your Gear S2 for the first time, it will automatically enter pairing mode as part of the start-up process.
When you want to connect to a different mobile device, you will need to reset your Gear S2 to put it in pairing mode. Follow the steps below to back up your data and then reset your device.
Back Up Data
Before resetting your device, back up your data by following the steps below:
1. Open the Samsung Gear application on your Android device.
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Back up and restore.
4. Touch Back up data.
5. When you have finished connecting your Gear S2 to the other device, return to the Back up and restore screen and select Restore data.
Perform a Light Reset
1. From the Watch screen, press the Home key.
2. Touch Settings .
3. Scroll to and touch Gear info.
4. Scroll to and touch Reset Gear.
5. Touch Light reset, which will delete all data except media files and personal data (such as email accounts and S Health data).
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .